Saturday, November 24, 2007

Caveat for Bloggers (Thing 7, Part 2)

Have you ever clicked on a link to an article or cartoon only to find that the content has been changed by the site host? Irritating, yes? On Thanksgiving Eve I was so relaxed and happy about finally being able to post pictures and HTML links to this blog that I added a link to a silly little Thanksgiving Hangman game. Imagine my shock and surprise today to discover that it has morphed into a Christmas Hangman game! The Noive! I feel downright grinchy about being pushed into the season. And it looks damn silly to have a Christmas game above my Thanksgiving greetings. Then to add techno-insult to techno-insult, I checked out a Latin translation site to find a suitable Latin-like word for "bloggers" and what I got back was the worst, totally bogus, pseudo-Latin. Fraud on the Internet! Okay, it was free, but (shocker!) you can't trust most of these sites. Digitus impudicus to all e-phonies!

No comments: