Monday, November 5, 2007

Response to 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners

Hmmmm. Of all the habits in the tutorial, I think the one I am best at is # 7 1/2:

PLAY!

The fun of learning a new skill is a great motivator. I feel confident because I have have always been a rabid reader with an irrepressible curiosity. When we stop learning, we stop growing. What I am finding most difficult right now is the two-edged sword of technology. While technology is the crux of this learning challenge and arguably the most crucial and rapidly-changing area in modern life, for me it is also the most frustrating area I've encountered since high school chemistry. And much more time-consuming. It's hard to view these frequent frustrations as challenges, but it is exhilarating when I finally figure something out by myself. At this point I don't feel confident that I'll finish the 23 1/2 things before the December deadline, but each one down is a victory.

So is it play time yet?

No comments: