Thursday, November 22, 2007

Surfacing for Air

G A S as Sun, Singing, Sogno ... P
Now that I've made a few breakthroughs, it's time to take a few deep breaths and see how far I've come. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were freebies, if a bit more trouble for The Cat in the Hat. After much consternation and frustration, I have finally set up and registered my blog, which takes care of Thing 3 and Thing 4.

Flickr interested me long before this learning challenge and I signed up for an account when I bought my latest digital camera. While I only recently learned how to upload photos to Flickr, I have discovered there is a lot more to this site than just storing and displaying photos. I had no idea there are so many applications, especially from third party sites, and never thought of it as a social networking tool. Like many, I played with the Flickr spelling tool, and toyed with the photo montages and mashups. I can see how many people find these (trading cards, moo cards, etc.)fun, but they take up a lot of time and I would much rather spend my time learning to use Flickr in more depth for storing and displaying photos, which is my plan for the near future. So that takes care of Thing 5 and Thing 6. Thing 7 can wait until tomorrow.

No comments: